Terms and conditions
The Lunch Circle Agreement with Members
The Lunch Circle and its present and future affiliates provide a safe and secure mobile phone based platform for networking opportunities, business and social, to its Members, including but not limited to the ability to locate fellow Members by business interest, by social interest, by location in their home area or when traveling, gain access to events, to speakers, to Member gatherings, plus any additional services offered to Members in the future.
- By joining The Lunch Circle you are becoming a Member and entering into a legally binding Agreement with TheLunchCircle.com (“The Lunch Circle”). You agree to be bound by the Agreement.
- The Lunch Circle reserves the right to modify this Agreement and will provide you notice of these changes, none of which will be retroactive.
- The Lunch Circle includes any present or future subsidiaries, affiliates or related parties controlled by The Lunch Circle.
- The laws of England and Wales apply to any disputes, with dispute resolution or settlement in the courts in London, United Kingdom.
- The Lunch Circle reserves the right to change the applicable law as it grows and develops and establishes subsidiaries or affiliates in countries where Members are resident.
- The Lunch Circle has the right to upgrade the The Lunch Circle software.
- The Lunch Circle shall not sell or disclose your Member information to the public or to a Third Party, except when required by law.
- As this is a free service, The Lunch Circle can collect and use the data that you submit as a Member to generate revenue, including but not limited to targeting advertising, events, promotions, etc. to a Member.
- A Member may not access or download another Member’s names, data or other information other than for use within the scope of The Lunch Circle. This specifically prohibits the selling, providing or otherwise transferring any other Member’s name, data or other information to any third party without the prior authorization of that Member and of The Lunch Circle.
- The Lunch Circle will use the information you provide to make recommendations to you about events, connections, information that might be of interest to you.
- The Lunch Circle reserves the right to limit how many new Members anyone can sponsor in any give period.
- If The Lunch Circle links to third party sites, such as event sponsors, and the Member accesses that third party site, then The Lunch Circle will have no control over these sites and will not be responsible or liable for these sites policies or actions.
- The Lunch Circle is not responsible for content generated or posted by a Member.
MEMBER RIGHTS AND REPRESENTATIONS
- You may amend your profile and preferences at any time,
- You confirm that you are at least sixteen (16) years old, unless local law where the Member resides requires Member to be older in which case the age under the local law applies,
- You confirm that you are using your real name,
- You confirm that you are providing accurate information and will update it,
- You confirm that you have only one (1) account with The Lunch Circle,
- You confirm that you will not share this account with anyone else,
- You confirm that you will not scrape The Lunch Circle membership or otherwise copy profiles, data or information from The Lunch Circle and its Members,
- You confirm that you will not try to reverse engineer, override either security features or access controls of the software and platform,
- You confirm that you have not been previously terminated as a Member of The Lunch Circle,
- You confirm that your continued use of The Lunch Circle software and services, constitutes acceptance of this Agreement,
- You confirm that you will abide by all applicable laws and regulations.
- You have the right to terminate your membership at any time
The software, site design, concept, graphics, logo and trademarks are the Intellectual Property of and belong to The Lunch Circle.
The Lunch Circle reserves the right to control and limit how you access and interact on our site.
A Member may not access or download another Member’s names, data or other information other than for personal use within the scope of The Lunch Circle. This specifically prohibits the selling, providing or otherwise transferring any other Member’s name, data or other information to any third party without the prior authorization of that Member and of The Lunch Circle.
The Lunch Circle reserves the right to freeze a Member’s account and access and/or to terminate a Member and cancel that Member’s access should the Member violate this Agreement or otherwise act in a manner that is objectionable or for any other reason, as determined in the sole judgment of The Lunch Circle.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Services.
THE LUNCH CIRCLE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND PROVIDE THE SERVICES (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THE LUNCH CIRCLE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Exclusion of Liability
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
THE LUNCH CIRCLE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION (E.G., OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS), LOSS OF DATA (E.G., DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT) OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
THE LUNCH CIRCLE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFIALIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY AMOUNT THAT EXCEEDS (A) THE TOTAL FEES PAID OR PAYABLE BY YOU, IF ANY, TO THE LUNCH CIRCLE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFIALIATES FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT, IF ANY, OR (B) US $1000.
THE LUNCH CIRCLE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUR OF A THIRD PARTY EVENT, VENDOR OR OTHER CONNECTION PROMOTED BY OR MADE THROUGH THE LUNCH CIRCLE.
The limitations of liability are part of the Agreement between you and The Lunch Circle and its subsidiaries and affiliates and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g., warranty, tort, negligence, agreement and law) even if The Lunch Circle and its subsidiaries and affiliates have been put on notice of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose.
Should any part of this agreement be deemed unenforceable than this part shall, if legally possible, be modified so that it becomes enforceable, but the remaining parts of this Agreement shall remain enforceable.
This agreement is the sole agreement between The Lunch Circle and its Members.
The Lunch Circle reserves the right to modify this agreement and shall notify Members of any modification.
The Lunch Circle’s failure to enforce a breach of this agreement does not constitute a waiver of the breach nor does it constitute a precedent for a waiver of any future breach.
This agreement is not assignable, except by The Lunch Circle in the case of a merger, sale, reorganization or by operation of law.
There are no third-party beneficiaries to this agreement.
Any complaints shall be addressed by e-mail to The Lunch Circle.
Any notice shall be provided to the head office of The Lunch Circle.
“The people I have met through the Lunch Circle have been wonderful. Informal, informative, inspiring and most importantly – fun.”